+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reseller hosting as a good business?

HWHT Starter Arethusa is on a distinguished road

Question Reseller hosting as a good business?

I don't know if it's true but some say that you can make money through reseller hosting business.
    Do you have any idea on how to do that?
    Chill! ...and this, too, shall pass...

HWHT Starter sanamalak20 is on a distinguished road
    I've seen too many negative reviews with JustHost, and previous experience with a sister company has led me to not recommend them.

HostGator, as 'known' as it is imposes a lot of strict usage limits. Never used them, but I do read reviews of our competitors and I see more bad than good from HG.

HeartInternet, never heard of them but anyone offering "unlimited" space/transfer is a huge red flag. Right off the bat they're using misleading marketing to attract the unknowing, read the TOS and you'll see just how limited their service is. Having been employed by a very large 'unlimited' host in the past, I can honestly say it's a borderline flat-out lie. If "Unlimited" space/transfer even actually existed, it would be a enterprise only solution that no regular consumer could afford.

The important thing to remember as a reseller is that the service you offer your clients can only be as good as that offered to you. Trying a couple different providers out never hurts, just to find the right one for you.

Best of luck in your search! For a general rule of thumb, just try to avoid any host claiming unlimited/unmetered storage/transfer. (Or any super huge amounts). It's a sure sign of extreme overselling, it's a horrible business practice, and it's misleading to the consumer. Places like WebHostingTalk (The largest web hosting community with over 288,000 members and 6.8million posts) won't even allow members to advertise such a service, it's against the rules. So while this marketing gimmick is still employed by many large hosts (and thousands of unknown resellers of said hosts), it's more of a way to lure in those who don't know any better.

HWHT Starter johncina103 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for this huge informative post about hosting.
    I am glad to be here.

HWHT Starter whland is on a distinguished road
    You can start out as a reseller. But it's best to just get your own server and start with a template. Add your own content get whmcs or some other billing software.

This way you have full control over your hosting company.

Chad
    Webhosting-land.com Quality hosting 24/7 365 Support 99.9% Up Time 30 day money back Guarantee.

Moving and Breathing affects your wifi signal

HWHT Starter elvinwatts is on a distinguished road
    Yes Sure! We can make a huge money from reseller web hosting business in which we can get many opportunities and ability as an user if we have an account in web hosting company.Also we have can purchase the web host service from the hosting company and can sell it to the customers.
    Web Hosting Prices - http://hostexaminer.com/

HWHT Starter prosecure is on a distinguished road
    Well Mate yes you Can make good Business from reseller but you may have some drawback also if you are running shared hosting on reseller server because in that node amny other reseller also and if that people get DDOS attack on there site then complete node goes down so be careful.

HWHT Starter Portal88 is on a distinguished road
    Yeah,, I agree with you..

Quote Originally Posted by elvinwatts View Post
    Yes Sure! We can make a huge money from reseller web hosting business in which we can get many opportunities and ability as an user if we have an account in web hosting company.Also we have can purchase the web host service from the hosting company and can sell it to the customers.
    ASPHostPortal.com
    Best in Windows and ASP.NET-based hosting
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee|24/7/365 Technical Support
    "Do good things, and good things will come to you”

+ Reply to Thread