+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How & where to find good hosting??

HWHT Addict charlesgan is on a distinguished road

How & where to find good hosting??

Finding a good hosting plan is not an easy task. You got to think of: space, bandwidth, support, customer testimonial, domain price, contract, etc. Here is a quick guide on helping you to find your best hosting plan:

1. Hosting Forums
    Search through hosting review & offers section. After found the hosting, found some customer review posted at the forums as well. Personal referral is useful as well.

2. Search Engine
    google, yahoo, msn will list major hosting company on top 20 result. View them one by one. Select at least 5 hosting for comparison.

3. Search for deals/offers
    Search for hosting coupons, or hosting offers from forums or search engine.

4. Post request on forums
    If you still cant find a good hosting, post a request at the forums, and there will be experienced webmaster give you a couple recommendation. I usually will give recommendation based on my experience with various hosting.
    Which web host to choose? See my review of Hostgator at here and review of Bluehost at here

Hosting Master primadon is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for useful tips.

HWHT Starter probityhosting is on a distinguished road
    Reviews and search engines are not ALWAYS the best way to locate good hosting providers. I can personally attest to that. I have landed good service with probityhosting.com and would recommend their service to anyone looking for REAL customer service.

Banned Keuzeserver is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by probityhosting View Post
    Reviews and search engines are not ALWAYS the best way to locate good hosting providers. I can personally attest to that. I have landed good service with probityhosting.com and would recommend their service to anyone looking for REAL customer service.
    I don't like those review sites at all, they give me the creaps with there far to cheap hosts.
    I used to take a host that spents lots of his time on forums to advertise their selfs. Most of the time they also take good care of their clients.

HWHT Starter probityhosting is on a distinguished road
    ^^^^^Exactly my point. All reviews and search engines do is tell who has spent the most amount of money for marketing. They don't really have the "best" hosting service. My suggestion is to search smaller providers who take care of their customers, such as probityhosting.com. Larger hosting companies get you signed up and then if you need support, they just try to up-sell you into something you don't need.

Hosting Guru wht-dis is on a distinguished road
    It's also good to see how active and helpful their host is at forums and investigate his community forum as well, by this you can predict how helpful he will be towards you.

HWHT Starter pipermac is on a distinguished road
    The Problem with Most sites that list "Top 10" etc is that they just list the Top 10 Companies for Affilliate Payouts!
    IF you are going to use a site that has listings its better to look at User reviews rather then reviews by the Site itself.

AS For support I once did a test by calling a companies support line to see how helpful they would be with a non-customer. It worked out rather well. I asked them hypothetical questions and judged them by their answers.

HWHT Starter take2 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pipermac View Post
    AS For support I once did a test by calling a companies support line to see how helpful they would be with a non-customer. It worked out rather well. I asked them hypothetical questions and judged them by their answers.

That's a great way to get an idea of how the company will support it's customers. Another tip -- contact their support during non-business hours (espeicially in the middle of the night) and see how long it takes to get back to you.
    Take 2 Hosting, Inc. - Dedicated Quad Core Xeon Hosting
    Fully automated setup - new servers in just 30 minutes
    Ask us about a no obligation trial server.
    http://www.take2hosting.com/

HWHT Starter discountgoblin is on a distinguished road
    Besides review sites and other items mentioned in your list is to ask someone that is currently hosting a site to see if they are happy with their provider and then check them out.
    Find discount web hosting here. Research web hosting providers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast