+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter to customers

HWHT Addict numaria is on a distinguished road

Newsletter to customers

How important is it to send newsletters to customers?

We always inform our customers of maintenance etc, should these two be mixed?

Hosting Master www.eukhost.com is on a distinguished road

Its important

hello,

Well as far as newletters are concerned,it keeps the customer updated in relates to various issues.Customer maintainance records up-to-date information of clients which should be send at regular intervals...
    eUKhost.com || Dedicated Hosting Servers
    Complete Web Hosting solutions at eUKhost.com

HWHT Addict getahost is on a distinguished road
    I tend to notice a decent increase in traffic and general member activity when I send the monthly newsletters out. Imho its definately worth doing, not only when there is maintenance or problems.
    Find potential clients free of charge, add your hosting plans to www.getahost.co.uk today! Be one of the first to get exposure from our extensive UK advertising campaign that goes off on the 1st December!

Hosting Guru wht-dis is on a distinguished road
    Using e-mail lists is a wonderful marketing strategy, however, you need to create client database and think about not only existing but perspective clients. That's the most difficult aspect to find perspective clients agreeing to give their emails.

HWHT Starter john_d is on a distinguished road
    If you have a community you can send them newsletters, they'll not think it spam, the forum is a good platform for distributing newsletters.

Hosting Guru BVP is on a distinguished road
    Online mailing is a wonerful marketing strategy, you may use it both for your existing and potential clients. While mailing you can make your old clients feel somehow important by using special design and messages.
    The question to those practising mailing lists, do you use it as an instrument for marketing testing?

HWHT Addict charlesgan is on a distinguished road
    newsletter is OK.
    just make sure they can opt out easily. no fancy fancy entering email & code to opt out. waste of user time, i wont get back to those company.
    Which web host to choose? See my review of Hostgator at here and review of Bluehost at here

HWHT Starter unimatrix is on a distinguished road
    Newsletters should be viewed as just one piece of a larger marketing plan. Some people really value newsletters, though I've found that e-newsletters never get read by the majority of folks. On the other hand, I've been surprised how many people will actually sit and read a "tabloid size" newsletter that gets mailed to them.

The key with newsletters (regardless of format) is that they much be two things:

1) INTERESTING
    2) USEFUL

The newsletter should be focused on "what's in it for the reader" not just what's in it for you, the advertiser.

The LEAST important part of the newsletter is who YOU are. The MOST important part of the newsletter is "What's In It For Me" (from the reader's perspective).

For example, a home inspector I know does a monthly newsletter and in it was a little article that advised people to not rinse their dishes before putting them in the dishwasher since the detergent uses the food particles to help activate the cleaning power of the detergent... Even as you're reading this, you're thinking how you can tell your significant other why you no longer need to rinse the dishes! See... you care about what's in it for you, not who the heck I am in telling you about it. :-)

HWHT Starter dh_eddie is on a distinguished road
    I only send out newsletters on important changes, new things going one with the hosting company, or to simply ask them if everything is good and if they require any assistance.

Once a month seems about right.

I heard Godaddy calls its clients up to checkup. Pretty good.

HWHT Addict JPC-Sabrina is on a distinguished road
    I think it is important to send out a newsletter once a month. It doesn't have to be extensive and information packed. A short, visually engaging newsletter with a few important notes on what's new in the industry and on your site can inspire some chatter. Chatter can bring in some new clients.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast