PDA

View Full Version : Run your own blog hosting company

xammy
10-07-2005, 09:45 AM
What is a Blog?
BLOG - (Web Log) Noun.
A Blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a Blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a Blog is a "blogger." Blogs are typically updated daily using software that allows people with little or no technical background to update and maintain the Blog

How popular are Blogs?
Blogs are the new media of the world. From political pundits to college diaries. Everyone seems to be keeping a Blog nowadays
It has been said bloggers were the thorn in John Kerrys side during the 2004 election. Some bloggers use it to share cooking recipes. Blogs have become a driving force on the Internet

Whats a Blog host?
A Blog host is a website that lets bloggers signup for a Blog The Blog host will set the script up on their server (usually on a subdomain) and let the user run the Blog Some Blog hosts charge money monthly for this or some Blog hosts like this one let users do it for free. Market data reveal that paid Blog hosts do not get much business. Free Blog hosts usually have many users
Free Blog hosts are the first thing people look for when looking for someone to host their Blog

How do you make money with a free Blog host if its free?
Easy! the magic of GOOGLEŽ Adsense. The free Blog host puts a small GOOGLE Adsense box on every page of every Blog they host. To the right is an example of what it looks like.
GOOGLEŽ looks at each Blog and places ads on the page that match the content of the website. For example, if one of your users Blogs is about politics, then the GOOGLEŽ ads on the page will be geared towards politics. If the Blog is about cooking and recipes, the ads will be about that as well.
What this means is that every users Blog will have relevant ads on them. Making it easy for the Blogs reads to be interested in clicking the ads.
The GOOGLEŽ ads are text ads and non adtrusive, so your Blog users will not mind them. A fair trade off for free Blog hosting
How much money do I make when readers click the ads?
Good question, it actually depends on the subject of the ads. Mortgage loans ads will usually pay more than ads geared toward kids, but not all the time. Each click could be worth a different amount depends on how much that advertiser with GOOGLEŽ is paying GOOGLE for that ad. Our studies show that you can make from 5 cents to 5 bucks per click. On average though we notice 20-40 cents per click
This is some serious money as you got a few hundred bloggers, bloggin away on your website.
Also if you not into advertising with GOOGLEŽ you can ad any other advertising you like to each Blog Rotating banner advertisement ect.

Tell me about the Blog software I am offering my users?
The base Blog of this entire free Blog host is WORDPRESS it is the number one Blog software on the net
If your users are familiar with Blogs the will appreciate that you offer this type of Blog for them. For non experienced bloggers
word press is simple to use and maintain

This Free Blog Hosting script Features

Offer your users instant activation of their Blog when they signup
Offer your users the best Blog software in the business -WORDPRESS-
Offer your users a Free subdomain for their Blog
Offer your users FTP upload space
Offer your Users a number of templates for their Blog
You can change the templates you offer your users
Users can customize their Templates even more through simple Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Your GOOGLE Adsense ads on every Blog (or other advertisement)

Script requirements
PHP
MYSQL
CPANEL Hosting
CURL Installed on server
This script can not be installed in a subdirectory!

This text is taken from this site: http://majorscripts.com
(http://majorscripts.com/blog_hosting_script.html)

azure
10-07-2005, 09:51 AM
hey cool ........ I am kinda playing around with Wordpress right now????

xammy
10-07-2005, 10:39 AM
yeah, wordpress is the most popular free blog script on the net.
for Blogger users, Wordpress feature is very familiar.

azure
10-07-2005, 10:43 AM
yeah, wordpress is the most popular free blog script on the net.
for Blogger users, Wordpress feature is very familiar.

Well theres B2evolution too. The only problem is its not been advertised much. It has more features than wordpress especially multiple sites and Multiple users.

Momo
10-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Thank you for the link! I use Wordpress on my blog, but I was wondering if there was an easier way to host others' blogs without installing WP one by one for them.

skamfroj
10-09-2005, 04:14 PM
nice idea.. althought there are already allot of blog sites to compete with..

Momo
10-10-2005, 12:22 AM
nice idea.. althought there are already allot of blog sites to compete with..
Yeah, it'll be hard to break in to the market, with all these giant blog hosters like Blogger, LiveJournal, and recently, Wordpress.com. I guess you really must offer something unique for them to sign up with you.

xammy
10-10-2005, 03:01 AM
yup, you can't just rely on standard wordpress blog feature.
such additional feature can attract more people.
eg, automatic shoutbox, file/picture uploads, mobile blog, etc...

om2580
01-07-2015, 02:45 PM
nice information,,thanks for sharing with us

d773hf82jhf721hf