PDA

View Full Version : Web Hosting News: EV1Servers Preps for Hurricane Rita

wacky_lokpo
09-23-2005, 11:36 AM
September 22, 2005 -- (WEB HOST INDUSTRY REVIEW) -- Web hosting provider EV1Servers (ev1servers.net) said earlier this week that it had made several preparations in anticipation of Hurricane Rita, a category five storm threatening to hit the Texas coast.

EV1Servers hosts over one million Web sites out of its two data center facilities in Houston, Texas. Rita is expected to hit Houston sometime this weekend or earlier and residents are leaving the city in large numbers.

Robert Marsh, founder and CEO of EV1Servers, says the company has over 10,000 gallons of diesel fuel on site and has acquired an extra power generator in case power is lost for several days. Two fuel stations are located within a couple miles of the data center.

Marsh does not expect any interruption in service. He says the company will continue to operate, albeit with a limited staff.

"We anticipate that the coming storm will have no impact on our operations," Marsh said in a forum post. "However, we are prepared to deal with any eventuality."

Marsh himself plans to return to Houston to weather the storm with the company's employees at the facilities. He is currently away on business.

According to research and analysis firm Netcraft (netcraft.com), EV1Servers is the world's eighth largest Web host, home to 1.1 million hostnames and 642,000 active sites. Any outage at EV1Servers would have a substantial impact, particularly on its large reseller base. Netcraft numbers show that the company has more than 150 different customers with at least 1,000 Web sites.

Article Link:
http://www.thewhir.com/marketwatch/ev1092205.cfm

Lord Alex
10-06-2005, 02:25 PM
that bad luck

SERVEREMPIRES
10-06-2005, 07:41 PM
yeah that was

wilo
10-07-2005, 02:17 AM
I use ev1servers, I have bought several domains from them. They are customer-friendly and I highly recommend their services to anyone seeking something that is reliable and professional.

d773hf82jhf721hf