PDA

View Full Version : Attention! Do backup until your site is not terminated without warning

braksus
09-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi Folks

I've hosted several of my important sites at 3ix.com (3ix.org).

Yesterday my account was terminated without warning, due (as 3ix support says) to "spamming". I've not send any spam message from their server (as well as not sending a spam at all), so was really upset and ask 3ix.com to restore my account. Imagine my surprise when they declined to restored it
in rude words and told me that there is even NO way to send me backup of site's database, at least.

Most likely, my sites took "too much" of their resources (only ~100 times less then stated in their advertisement). I did not make site backup, so this mistake cost me around US 3000$ and 2 weeks of hard working time. Thanks 3ix.com!

Thatís why please learn on my mistake, using this advice: DO NOT be lazy and BACKUP all your sites. And for God's sake DO NOT USE 3ix.org (3ix.com) as your hoster.

Regards,
Vladimir

Keuzeserver
09-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the warning, good luck finding a new host.

braksus
09-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi again, Folks

3ix just restored my account completely and make their apologies along with the promise to not to terminate accounts without warning in future (it seems that I and 3IX both took a lesson).

Actually this was my fault, because that was my competitor who initiated real spamming attack on 3ix server using my site as a faked source. From my side I make my apologies to 3IX in public since they are suffered from this attack much as well.

Hope to stay a happy 3ix client in future since overall their service is very stable.

Best Regards,
Vladimir

BVP
09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi, Vladimir!
It's great to hera your issue has been finally resolved! Is your host Ukraine-based?

andyt
09-15-2007, 10:17 AM
I have used 3ix for hosting on numerous sites and found that all sites hosting Joomla were slow and down on a weekly basis. I contacted them and asked them to check giving 3 as examples. The next day I get an email saying they had re-installed them! Upon checking I discovered they had DELETED my websites and I could no longer access the admin with username and and password!

I have lost months of hard work not to mention some very angry clients! All I get from 3ix is that support will send me a ticket.

To think I was contemplating on giving them a list of my other sites! I have realized you do get what you pay for and I'm looking at alternate hosts!

3ix - nothing but problems

d773hf82jhf721hf