PDA

View Full Version : Hosting Question -- Need 20 TB of monthly data transfer

BariCarroll
07-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Hi there,
I'm attempting to start a company and plan to feature several 1-hour animations on my website and expect (hopefully) to have 80k users downloading 2 animations per year. If I do the math, that means:

(700 GB animation x 80k users x 2 downloads) / 12 months = 18.7 TB monthly transfer

I have a few questions (if you don't mind):

What kind of web hosting service would actually be able to fulfill such bandwidth usage (at very reasonable rates -- I've only budgeted $1,500 per year for hosting)?

Can you provide services you would recommend?

I was assuming that streaming these animations would not be an option and that downloadable content is best -- would you agree?

So far, I've only been able to find hosts like DreamHost and ValueWeb that seem reliable and customer-friendly -- plus only charge about $0.02 / GB transfer. However, they only seem to provide up to 3.5 TB of monthly data transfer.

Any help/insight would be much much appreciated! Thank you. :)

Keuzeserver
07-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Check out http://www.maxdedicated.com

Just199-Dave
07-31-2007, 07:48 PM
I dont think anything at maxdedicated is going to handle that much transfer.

Your looking at a couple of servers or a 1GB connection for that much data.
100MB unmetered has a hard time pushing 4GB of data.

You might check out www.fdservers.net for that much bandwidth if your are on a budget. If you want to provide premium services take a look at www.rackspace.com but you will pay through the nose for it.

d773hf82jhf721hf